Monday 6 February 2012

And this months guest writer is........

My Hero!
None other than Mr Misery himself, Champion of the whingers, leveller of all things gripey the one, the only, Mr Victor Meldrew come on down!

Cunning eh?  See now I can write what I like and if anyone gets miffed by it I simply say "oh I know, will never ask them to write for the blog again I can tell you!"

But let's not start in a bad, grumpy humpy moody mood.  No, lets start by saying that 2012 has been a great year so far, and it really has on so many fronts.

ZFL goes from strength to strength now the A-Team are back at the helm.  If you have a problem, maybe they can help, if you can find them (outside of office hours and term time leave a message).

Snowtime!
Little Coco amazes us each and every minute of each and every day with her antics and her incredible thirst for learning. 

Whether its making stuff with Nanny Southwellski or helping me with the chooks or just making me that much needed 207th cup of pretend tea.  When will the 208th be ready is all I can say?

I was poorly a week or so ago and Coco brought me a glass of water, then another and another and...... you get the picture. 

But every time she appeared at the bedroom door with the glass held firmly in two pudgy little hands and look of complete concentration on her face I felt a little better.

Having a ball with Nanny
Our garden goes, no I don't mean grows, it just goes at the moment, but I can say with complete confidence that nobody has a garden that looks finer than ours does at the moment.

Our Veggies look awesome, our fruit plants and bushes look great, the prepared beds - not a weed in sight! 

Come on Titchmarsh, Flowerdew, Swithinbank, Greenfield et al, bring it on!


Snack time

Ok, so its under a foot of snow, but isn't everyones?

I have watched people in the garden centres looking longingly at the seeds potatoes, packets of seeds and bulbs since early November and smiled smugly to myself knowing that the seeds  that I ordered from the catalogues are already here sat on the shelf whilst those poor saps are wondering what and when to buy.

Not me, no sirree I did what the magazine said for November and December.  Put your feet up and chose your seeds for next year. 

What the magazine didn't tell me was that if I waited they would be chucking free seed packets at me with alarming regularity to a point where I would soon have duplicates of all the ones they told me to buy from the catalogues in the first place!

We went to the comedy club in Thetford on Friday, it was an excellent evening and for me only two things took a little of the shine off it, first was the sub human racist who had he been able to string a thought together would probably have thought himself funny, but hey that was never going to be likely and secondly those people who allowed it to spoil their evening.

It was never in doubt that the comedian was ever going to end up anywhere but on top and I admit to being a little disappointed that we ran out of time.

Incidentally if you are the sub human racist, the comedian was the one on the stage (high bit at the front) near the big red curtains and remember when you got really excited because he was ridiculing someone, that someone was you my friend.

But the show was great, the comedians great if a little rude, and the evening ended with me being mistaken for one of the performers by a rather drunk individual who thought I was very good.  Jury's still out on whether that was a compliment or not as the act was 6 years older than me.

Lemmings!
Finally, as you know, because I said earlier, it snowed here and it snowed rather a lot.

It was lovely to see the families sledging down the slopes of the old gravel pit next to us here. We even had a go ouselves.

So why then, when everyone is having a great blast would you bring a motocross bike to the same area where there are children and families playing together?

I can think of only three reasons.

1, You're too thick to know any better, or

2, You're too thick to know any better  or

3, You're too thick to know any better and because you don't know what fun really is it scares you and makes you want it to stop because people who are happy playing, aren't watching you!

Get a life!

Regards

Victor.

1 comment:

Jo Lylie Cooper said...

A lovely little read to end my day... made me smile and even have a little titter to myself :)) x