Wednesday 3 August 2011

A whole load of firsts

First Cauliflower
I actually saw this for the first time this evening and I have been checking my caulis for the last few weeks and missed them, good job Nanny Southwellski and I are off to the opticians tomorrow.

Do you know who I bumped into the last time I was at the opticians?  Everyone!

We had a very special visitor to the garden on Sunday, in fact we had special visitors all weekend and I had a very able trainee poultry manager in Ed Waldren the son of some good friends who, despite allegedly not liking chickens at all spent much of his time here in the chicken run.

In fact the eggs didn't even settle in the straw before they were delivered to the kitchen.  Good job Ed!

Ed was accompanied by his younger brother Archie who ran the dogs ragged all weekend and his parents Sal and Alan and we really enjoyed them being here. 

Our other special guests were Norga and Carlos, distant relatives on Nanny Southwellski's side of the family.  They came all the way from Bolivia just to visit the garden, oh, and go to some meetings in London and Norway while they were here. 

Carlos was the Bolivian Ambassador to the UK and is now involved in a global youth project encouraging young people into business.  Now other than Ed and Archie, guests just don't get any more important than that.
French Breakfast Radishes

The other firsts include my French Breakfast radishes which are soooooooo much milder than the burn your mouth vindaloo style radishes we had earlier in the year.

I couldn't give them away!




Peppers, no really!
I'm a Cucumber, not a cactus!
In the poly tunnel it's all happening too, we have cucumbers and peppers starting to appear and the tomatoes I planted in the tunnel some 4 weeks after planting out the outdoor ones have overtaken them already.


Now I am sure there was another first today, now what was it?

Only kidding, Coco took her first proper steps today and as soon as someone shows me how to upload a video from my mobile I will put it on here!  We are all so proud of her, now to get her name down for a paper round!

No comments: